Friday, April 23, 2010

Walk Your Talk -OR- What Direction Does Your Path Go?

As we restrain our flesh and renew our mind God establishes a Christlike character within us. That Christlikeness shows itself in servanthood --being responsive to the needs of others and to the will of our masters. We are called to make a difference spiritually in the lives of others. We are commanded to serve others by challenging them to change and grow into Christlikeness themselves.

In my study today I stopped at this statement because I felt it alone was something that deserved time for meditation.......

"You have to be different to make a difference.
You cannot change anything by adding more of the same."

[I think we all understand to be different does not mean in a bazaar, absurd kind of way. Being different needs to reflect the attributes of Christ. The world (the lost) needs to see the difference Christianity makes in our life before we can "make a difference" in the lives of others. Change cannot be made with more of the same thing. The same old stuff are the ways of the flesh and that doesn't change anything for good. So the questions to ask one-self is where does my professed Christianity walk lead me? (Many professing Christianity can talk the talk but they do not walk their talk.) Do I restrain my flesh and my way? Do I seek the Holy Spirit in renewing my mind? ......daily? Do I place myself in submission to God and authority? Do I respond willingly with a servant's heart? If I want to make a difference I must be willing to be different.]

No comments:

Post a Comment