Friday, April 16, 2010

Just Some Thoughts I've Been Thinking

More & more I realize all the answers and examples we need are right there in God's Word. God inspired godly men to write it all down. So it's there for us when we are willing to search the scriptures.

When I read through Paul's writing in Romans 7:-24 --"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" --I know Paul is expressing his frustration because he desired to do right but often found himself falling short.

Realizing all scripture is given by inspiration of God, I imagine this coming from Jesus' experience while he lived in the flesh. Yes, I know Jesus never sinned, but he did experience the temptations of the flesh and Satan, tiredness etc. Because He lived in the flesh He understands our struggles and gave us passages like this for our encouragement. Just as there are other ones for edifying, exhorting, reproving and rebuking us in our Christian growth.

God in His loving care gave us the tools we needed in His Bible. As a believer we also have the indwelling Holy Spirit who will teach us when we ask. I am also reminded that God is a gentleman. He does not force salvation on a man. He does not force His Word on us either. It is our responsibility to ask and to study the scriptures then through the Holy Spirit, He will illuminate His truth to us and guide our path. God does truly love us. He has not left us without the help we need.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Katie for thinking on those things that are good and pure and then sharing them as a reminder with us.

    Ponnie

    ReplyDelete