Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stunted From Growing

"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass."
--James 1:22-23

Though a believer may have given his attention to something from God and may have even meditated upon it, if he has not followed through with doing it, he is kidding himself to think that he is making spiritual grogress. [Ouch!]

Be not deceived..... "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." --James 4:17

[As I'm going through my life it seems I am quick to forget these spiritual things I know. I do not want to be stunted in my growth. But to grow spiritually I must exerise doing those things I hear from God's Word.]

1 comment:

  1. You and me both Katie....God is reminding me that I have been remiss in those things that I know to do. And thank you for posting this. James is one of my favorite books in the NT. It is short and to the point!!!

    ReplyDelete