Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Are you an Action Figure?

If you would consider yourself an action figure what is it that has you so busy? Is it just busyness with life? Or is it a busyness in serving the Lord? Jesus demonstrated the characteristics of a man controlled by the Holy Spirit and in perfect fellowship with God. He was a servant responsive to the needs of others. As a believer is beholding the glory of God and following Jesus' example his attributes of love, compassion, kindness, patience and mercy are manifested through him in Christlike service. God Word tells us He exalted those who had the attitude of servant hood. Those whose energies and concerns were not with themselves and how others could serve them but on how they could become a blessing to someone else.

Servant's Heart by Ron Hamilton

Make me a servant like you, dear Lord, living for others each day.
Humble and meek, helping the weak, loving in all that I say.

Give me, Lord, a servant's heart. Here's my life; take every part.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart. Help me draw so close to You
That your love comes shining through. Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.

Make me a witness like you, dear Lord, showing the love of the cross.
Sharing Your Word till all have heard, serving whatever the cost.

Give me, Lord, a servant's heart. Here's my life; take every part.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart. Help me draw so close to You
That your love comes shining through. Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.
Give me, Lord, a servant's heart.

[A believer who has the desire to serve the Lord does not worry about the "comfort zone." as to what areas he is willing to serve in. He doesn't hide in the shadows hoping no one will ask him to help. He will be found in the middle of things and looking for opportunities to serve the Lord. So we need to ask ourselves are we an action figure or a wall flower?]

No comments:

Post a Comment