Thursday, April 29, 2010

To Much Information!

"To much information" is something we would say when we are given graphic details that cause our thoughts to form mental images we would just as soon not envision. I had one of those moments tonight. No one was telling anything that was crude, off-color or gross. But at the same time it felt like we cheated in life to see what our future may hold.

I know many of our friends who read my blog already know my husband (Kevin) has Parkinson's. But there may be a few who don't know yet. Last summer he was finally diagnosed but it has been an uninvited guest in our lives since 2001. It was a blessing and relief to know what it was......to finally give it a name. We praise the Lord the medicines they started him on has been a big help.

Tonight we went out on church visitation. Recently we have been splitting off with another couple. Kevin happened to get home before me tonight. By the time I got home he was watching "Saving Millie" on YouTube. It's a true story on Millie's life and being diagnosed with Parkinson's Plus which is very fast in its progression. Kevin's Parkinson's is slow progressing.

I don't really care to see movies that show the decline of the body as the disease progresses......it's just hitting to close to home. And it feels like a glimpse into the future for what may be in store for us many years down the line. I watched it though because Kevin wanted to see it for some time now since he read the book. I would rather live the day.........day by day and moment by moment........living by faith, trusting in God. I would rather not know what tomorrow could hold.....I don't want to think about how this disease will steal my husband away bit by bit. "Saving Millie" is a good movie just more information that I wanted. And now I have this song in my head.........

"I don't know about tomorrow; I just live from day to day. I don't borrow from its sunshine For its skies may turn to grey. I don't worry o'er the future, For I know what Jesus said. And today I'll walk beside Him, For He knows what is ahead.

Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand But I know who holds tomorrow And I know who holds my hand......."

It's strange how the peace of God will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. I didn't cry with the sadness of the movie's ending. Neither am I crying now as I post this blog entry. I will continue to live the day.....day by day and moment by moment......living by faith, trusting in God............

No comments:

Post a Comment