Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Grow Up!

Grow Up! Believe it or not this was theme one year at Heartland Baptist Bible College. Our Christianity cannot be a flying by the seat of your pants thing. We cannot be a mug-wump sitting on the fence with your mug (face) on one side and your wump (behind) on the other. Being a spiritual mug-wump is trying to hang on to the world with one hand and God with the other hand. We will not find peace hanging onto two worlds when we are facing trials/troubles. We will be miserable as we stumble along being cast this way and that.

Our Christianity should also be more than having a head filled with Bible passages and scriptural principles. It should be when listening to God is followed by reflection on God's words so that we begin to think like God. We are then really hearing God. It is when obeying His words and enduring in them because they are His words drives us to being "faithful unto death," we are then doing His will and we are living wisely. This all blended together makes a Christian usable and describes him with a mature, grown-up Christianity.

[My desire is to be a mature Christian but I find myself turning back to my own ways when I don't expect to. I must yield to God contstantly-- it is Christ who worketh in me to do right so that I might please the Lord.]

No comments:

Post a Comment