Tuesday, April 27, 2010

There Will My Treasures Be

We are to "love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." --Deuteronmony 6:5

We have very little impact for God upon others because we have very little passion for God ourselves. [Ouch!] I came across this quote, "What you love and what you hate reveal what you are."

Determine what a man worries about and you have discovered his treasures. How he chooses to spend his resources of time, money and energy reveals his priorities. A man's anger is another indicator of his priorities. Find out what highly displeases him and you have exposed what he values.

Years ago my heart's desire was as in the words of this song I sang, "for whatever it takes for my will to break, that's what I'll be willing to do." At the time I didn't realize the things that I was holding as my priorities were before God. These things had superseded my passion and devotion to God, Himself. My whole-heartedness and single-mindedness had been toward myself instead of the things of God. I am thankful God is long-suffering because He hasn't given up on me. Lord, help me that I would love You with all my heart, and with all my soul, and with all my might. Praise the Lord, for I know He's still working on me to make me what I ought be.

No comments:

Post a Comment