Tuesday, January 5, 2010

To begin with a first step

For a long time now I have thought of starting this blog. Now as I think of my first entry I wonder what I might say. It is not that I have such profound thoughts to share. But I do feel compelled to share different matters as they are laid on my heart.
Since this is also a start of a new year I thought I would share some notes regarding the year 2010 which lies before each of us.

In 2010....

1. God knows. He is God almighty. Nothing comes as a surprise to Him or catches Him off guard or unawares.

2. There are things I do not need to know. If we knew all our future held it might totally freak us out. We can rest in the fact that God controls all things and He won't give us any more than we can bear.

3. God will go with me no matter what I face. I am not alone....as the song says...."No never alone, No never alone. He promises never to leave me, never to leave me alone..."

4. I am closer every day to meeting my Saviour. In John 14:2-3 it says "In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." What a wonderful promise from our Saviour!

5. I know what I'm suppose to do......be a testimony--a messenger......be a tither.....a student of His Word......be faithful with a surrendered heart.

6. God's Word stands. God is unchanging--He is the same. All the great attributes we read of God in the Bible are still true of Him today.

Though circumstances of 2010, circumstances of our country, circumstances of our personal lives seem uncertain, we have many great things that are certain. I think Bro. John Bishop put it very well when he said, "The Bible tells us that the Lord is good, and He is right. God is good when we understand Him and He is still good when we don't understand Him. If we could figure out God, He would be too small. I am thankful we have a big God." All I can add to that is--- Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment