Friday, January 22, 2010

2 Fundamental Characteristics of Satan

#1. Deception -- Satan wishes to keep the God of Truth hidden from the eyes of men and to conceal from man any of the realities of life (i.e., truth) that would make redeemed man useful to God. Several of those realities are that
  • God exits, and He made me.
  • My sin is against Him, and He will hold me accountable for it unless I turn to Him for salvation.
  • The way of the transgressor is hard.
  • There is only one way of salvation, not many.
  • Without Him I can do nothing.
  • He loves me and skillfully orders my ways for my ultimate good and His ultimate glory.
  • His Word is the only trustworthy account of reality.
  • He has promised His grace for every trial and challenge of life.

The list could go on and on.

#2. Destructiveness -- Satan's design to separate the believer from his Master's fellowship, rendering him useless in the Master's service. Satan would ultimately like to separate the believer's body from his soul in physical death so that he can no longer be useful to his Master upon this earth.

[Another excerpt from "Changed Into His Image" by Jim Berg. It is a extremely good study guide with the workbook. I would recommend it to anyone seeking to grow spiritually in their Christian walk. It may just transform your life. By God's grace I'm praying it does mine. Please pray for me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment