Friday, January 29, 2010

The Temptations of Negative Thinking

Talk about getting hit in the head with a 2X4--something I definitely want to remember and look back on.

Once we have chosen to deal with a problem Biblically, God gives joy and releases us from the burden associated with it. However, Satan is not pleased with this and will try to undermine the victory that has been won. Be assured that Satan will try to tempt you to:
*doubt by thinking what God says, 'doesn't work'.........
*bring up old offenses and playing the recording in your mind (again & again).........
*become angry and bitter (again).......
*question your worth to Christ (again)........

It is important not to give in to these temptations of negative thinking! You must choose to stop the thought immediately and remember that it has been dealt with. It makes no more sense to go back to our doubts, pain and misery than what Proverbs 26:11 refers to, as a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly!"

My Thots:
Oh my goodness, I know and recognize in my life how Satan is there to snatch away my joy after a spiritual victory. If not immediately, there were times when I drifted and then fell into the old trappings of Satan and negative thinking. What a vulgar visual application with a verse I have often heard before! But it is a very good application of what we often do. We return to negative thinking that doesn't do us any good, just the same as a dog returning to his vomit--Yuck!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment