Thursday, March 18, 2010

What is Wisdom?

The important lesson here is that wisdom is not having God’s perspective of the whole matter before us but having God’s perspective about what next response will honor Him while keeping us still usable to Him.

Walking in Wisdom with God does not give us special understanding to the “whys and wherefores” of everything that happens in our life. Very seldom do we have the big picture of God’s plan. Just as we see in the lives of Joseph, Daniel, Job, Paul etc….

Walking in Wisdom is having the skills (spiritual discernment) to respond godly to circumstances in our life. To know and practice right responses that keep us usable to God anyway.

So the goal of a Christian should be to stay on the path of usefulness to God no matter what the circumstances we face in our daily life.

[Today’s lesson (from Changed in His Image) was a real “eye opener” for me. I had not realized I was always expecting to understand what the whole picture & purpose was for the circumstances in my life. But all that I need to do is depend and trust in God. So help me LORD, to know the correct way to respond to the different things that come up each day. Help me to be usable to you.]

No comments:

Post a Comment