Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Becoming the Apple of God's Eye

[Forgive me for neglecting my blog the past few days. The weekend was an extremely busy one. I usually go out on church visitation Thursday evening, but now I'll go out also on Saturday mornings for bus visitation. I'm so excited I'm starting the handicap bus route. Right off the bat I'll have 5 ladies who will ride with me. Three are transfered to my route from another route. One lady recently cannot drive anymore. And the fifth lady has been sporadically attending church when she can get a ride from the public bus. Yesterday I started cleaning the bus and today will be another day of the same. Pray for me, Lord willing and by His grace I would like Easter Sunday to be my first day of operation. I have a reliable, faithful teenage boy as my helper. He's worked this route before and will be teaching me some things as we go. I would really appreciate your prayers.]

[Knowing God, Himself--The psalmist David was very intent upon know God's nature so that he would not damage his relationship with God in any way. David understood that the laws and words of God were refections of God's nature. In order not to violate the relationship, David was intent upon knowing what God had said. Notice in these familiar verses David's concern for the personal relationship he had with God..........]

Psalm 119:4:16 "Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word."

[David also asked God--"Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings"-- in Psalm 17:8. David desires to be the apple of God's eye. We all are loved by God and special to Him. But this verse show how David is seeking a closer relationship. And then in Proverbs 7:2 it says "Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye." It seems God is telling all of us to keep His Words as the apple of our eye so we may have that special relationship of being the apple of His eye too.]

No comments:

Post a Comment