Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Journey with God Through Music

[God took me on a journey today through songs. It blessed my heart so much I thought I would share this journey with you.]

Old Account Settled
There was a time on earth, when in the book of heaven
An old account was standing for sins yet unforgiven
My name was at the top, and many things below
I went unto the Keeper, and settled long ago

Chorus:
Long ago (down on my knees) long ago (I settled it all)
Yes, the old account was settled long ago (hallelujah!)
And the record's clear today, for He washed my sins away
When the old account was settled long ago

The old account was large, and growing every day
For I was always sinning, and never tried to pay
But when I looked ahead, and saw such pain and woe
I said that I would settle, I settled long ago

When in that happy home, my Savior's home above
I'll sing redemption's story, and praise Him for His love
I'll not forget that book, with pages white as snow
Because I came and settled, and settled long ago

O sinner, trust the Lord, be cleansed of all your sin
For thus He hath provided for you to enter in
And then if you should live a hundred years below
Up there you'll not regret it, you settled long ago

I Need Thee Every Hour
I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like thine can peace afford.

Chorus:
I need thee, O I need thee; every hour I need thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.

I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.

I need thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain.

I need thee every hour, most Holy One;
O make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son.


Draw Me Nearer
I am thine, O Lord, I have heard thy voice, and it told thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith and be closer drawn to thee.

Chorus:
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord, to the cross where thou hast died.
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord, to thy precious, bleeding side.

Consecrate me now to thy service, Lord, by the power of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope, and my will be lost in thine.

O the pure delight of a single hour that before thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with thee, my God, I commune as friend with friend!

There are depths of love that I cannot know till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach till I rest in peace with Thee.


Each Step I Take
Each step I take my Saviour goes before me, And with His loving hand He leads the way, And with each breath I whisper "I adore Thee;" Oh, what joy to walk with Him each day.

Chorus:
Each step I take I know that He will guide me; To higher ground He ever leads me on. Until some day the last step will be taken. Each step I take just leads me closer home.

At times I feel my faith begin to waver, When up ahead I see a chasm wide.
It's then I turn and look up to my Saviour, I am strong when He is by my side.

I trust in God, no matter come what may, For life eternal in His hand,
He holds the key that opens up the way, That will lead me to the promised land.

Face to Face
Face to face with Christ my Savior, Face to face, what will it be,
When with rapture I behold Him, Jesus Christ, who died for me?

Chorus:
Face to face I shall behold Him, Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory I shall see Him by and by!

Only faintly now I see Him, With the darkening veil between,
But a blessed day is coming, When His glory shall be seen.

What rejoicing in His presence, When are banished grief and pain;
When the crooked ways are straightened, And the dark things shall be plain!

Face to face! oh, blissful moment! Face to face to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, who loves me so.

Redeemed
Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it! Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through His infinite mercy, His child and forever I am.

Chorus:
Redeemed, redeemed, Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed, redeemed, His child and forever I am.

Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus, No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence With me doth continually dwell.

I think of my blessèd Redeemer, I think of Him all the day long:
I sing, for I cannot be silent; His love is the theme of my song.

I know there’s a crown that is waiting, In yonder bright mansion for me,
And soon, with the spirits made perfect, At home with the Lord I shall be.

What a Friend We Have In Jesus
What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.

He the Pearly Gates Will Open
Love divine, so great and wondrous, Deep and mighty, pure, sublime!
Coming from the heart of Jesus, Just the same through tests of time.

Chorus:
He the pearly gates will open, So that I may enter in;
For He purchased my redemption And forgave me all my sin.

Like a dove when hunted, frightened, As a wounded fawn was I;
Brokenhearted, yet He healed me, He will heed the sinner’s cry.

Love divine, so great and wondrous, All my sins He then forgave!
I will sing His praise forever, For His blood, His power to save.

In life’s eventide, at twilight, At His door I’ll knock and wait;
By the precious love of Jesus I shall enter Heaven’s gate.

O That Will Be Glory
When all my labors and trials are o’er, And I am safe on that beautiful shore, Just to be near the dear Lord I adore, Will through the ages be glory for me.

Chorus:
O that will be glory for me, Glory for me, glory for me, When by His grace I shall look on His face, That will be glory, be glory for me.

When, by the gift of His infinite grace, I am accorded in Heaven a place, Just to be there and to look on His face, Will through the ages be glory for me.

Friends will be there I have loved long ago; Joy like a river around me will flow; Yet just a smile from my Savior, I know, Will through the ages be glory for me

1 comment:

  1. Simply marvelous! Along with a few requests, in would make a great program for a Community Hymn Sing--and I've conducted many of them. I deal with them all on my daily blog on hymns, Wordwise Hymns. And as you're clearly a hymn lover, I invite you to drop in for a visit.

    You'll find the interesting story behind "Face to Face" here:
    http://wordwisehymns.com/2009/08/05/today-in-1869-grant-colfax-tullar-born/

    ReplyDelete