Monday, March 15, 2010

Looking Through His Eyes

[As I was reading and praying over 1 John 2:3-5 my mind stopped to think on keeping His commandment and the love of God being perfected in us. Then this song came to my mind.....]

Let me see this world, dear Lord,
As though I were looking through Your eyes.
A world of men who don’t want You Lord,
But a world for which You died.
Let me kneel with You in the garden,
Blur my eyes with tears of agony;

For if once I could see this world the way You see,
I just know I’d serve You more faithfully.

Let me see this world, dear Lord,
Through Your eyes when men mock Your Holy Name.
When they beat You and spat upon You, Lord,
Let me love them as You loved them just the same.
Let me rise high above my petty problems,
And grieve for men, hell bound eternally;

For if once I could see this world the way You see,
I just know I’d serve You more faithfully.”

[Oftentimes we get to living in our lives moment by moment in the business of life or the circumstance of our own problems. Sometimes it would seem we only come up for air Sundays and Wednesdays to get our batteries recharged on God. There is so much we are missing in life--the life God would have for us. My mind is still learning, still trying to comprehend all God has for me. What is our purpose? Keeping God's commandments is only part of it. It's a very important part. Not that we do it for good works unto salvation but for our love toward God. Keeping the commandments should show our love to God through obedience. As we demonstrate our love through obedience God perfects His love in and through us. As in the song says rising above our petty problems and seeing through His eyes. God has a great purpose for us. --Help me, LORD.]

No comments:

Post a Comment