Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What is important to You?

[People remember what they choose to remember. Most people never forget their name, phone number, and names of their children. We can remember these things because we have repeated them often and because these pieces of information have a high personally priority with us. So how important is God's word's to us?]

Proverbs also exhorts the believer to retain the words of God by making them a permanent part of his life--to actually direct his daily steps, to preserve him from evil, to make him fruitful. These words from God must become so much a part of us that we do not forget them in the day-to-day activities of life. They can then dictate the next right responses we must make to life's challenges. We remember those things we choose to remember. Notice Solomon's exhortation toward this end through Proverbs......
  • 1:8 "Forsake not the law of thy mother."
  • 2:2 "Apply thine heart to understanding."
  • 3:1 "My son, forget not my law."
  • 3:3 "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart."
  • 3:21 "My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion."
  • 4:2 "Forsake ye not my law."
  • 4:4 "Let thine heart retain my words."
  • 4:5 "Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not."
  • 4:6 "Forsake her [wisdom] not."
  • 4:13 "Take fast hold of instruction."
  • 4:21 "Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart."
  • 6:21 "Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck."
  • 7:1 "My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee."
  • 7:3 "Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart."

Again the list could go on and on. [Over and over you will find me sharing things that speak to my heart. I do not claim them as my original thoughts but something God used to speak to me and so I share them on my blog. So that my friends may receieve a blessing too.............It is important to realize much of the motivation to remember the words of God is tied to the kind of relationship we have with Him. So what kind of relationship are we looking for with God?]


No comments:

Post a Comment