Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mr Fix-It

Have you ever found yourself trying to fix things? I don’t mean things like a leaky faucet, or a cracked window or a torn sleeve. But have you found yourself trying to fix the problems of life? I was one of those who always tried to fix whatever problem came up. When problems raged in my life I didn’t feel very secure. What I found out though some problems are just beyond my capability of fixing, especially when it involves other people. I figured if I could just fix the problem it would stop hurting; things would return to normal and then my world would feel secure once again.

When I took this kind of approach toward problems I was looking to my own way and strength in which to fix it. If the problem was actually solved it was after much add stress and grief which seemed to amplify the hurt and pain. Often times the problems remained unsolved prolonging duration of it.

You know that isn’t how we are to handle the heartache and problems we go through. God’s Word says we are to carry an attitude of prayer by…..”praying without ceasing.” Because then we are more likely to “cast all our cares upon him.” God cares for us and He wants us to rely on Him. Whatever the problem in our life is….our pain that causes our heart to hurt. We don’t have to fix it. Just give it over to God. Does it hurt so badly that you feel you just can’t cope any more? Give it over to God…..surrender it to Him. Stop searching for the solution.

Chances are you won’t see the problem or heartache solved or taken care of instantly. But God will calm your heart if you trust Him. He will give you peace and grace to wait as He works out the solution. Satan likes to play tricks on our thinking in believing this doesn’t work since the pain or stress comes back. You will find it is a process that we must keep repeating. God will ease our pain and He will take care of our problems of life in His time. “His ways are not our ways” that is why we must “trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on thy own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment