Thursday, May 13, 2010

God's Love Versus Self-Love (Part 7)

"Just two choices on the self--loving God or loving self"
1 Corinthians 13

GOD'S LOVE

  • Endureth all things (vs. 7)--sacrificing self by staying put when feeling like quitting; bears all things at all costs; digs a trench and stays put; stays when feels like running."

SELF-LOVE

  • Quits. "I've tried, but that was the straw that broke the camel's back." "I'm not sticking my neck out there again so he can chop it off!" "I'll cut and run while I still have some dignity." "I can't handle it anymore!" "You wouldn't be able to handle it either if you were in my shoes!""

GOD'S LOVE

  • Love never faileth (vs. 8)--sacrificing self It always accomplishes God's work on earth and in heaven. It is supernatural in its origin and its results.

SELF-LOVE

  • Self-love always fail! (Galatians 6:7-9)-- "He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption."

No comments:

Post a Comment