Saturday, May 8, 2010

God's Love Versus Self-Love (Part 4)

"Just two choices on the self--loving God or loving self"
1 Corinthians 13

GOD'S LOVE

  • Is not easily provoked (vs. 5)--sacrificing self to be calm; is not soon angry for its own causes; is not oversensitive and touchy (Hebrews 10:24). "

SELF-LOVE

  • Explodes; is an earthquake in the spirit; reacts in anger instead of acting in kindness; retaliates; is given to sudden out bursts; is angry for selfish reasons. "You can't do that to me and get away with it." "

GOD'S LOVE

  • Thinketh no evil (vs. 5)--sacrificing self by not keeping score; is not jealous; does not take permanent account of some thing for the purpose of bringing it back up; believes the best about a person; gives the benefit of doubt; forgives.

SELF-LOVE

  • Uses "indelible ink"; builds a case for evil; enters wrongs into a ledger so that they can't be forgotten; jealous; thinks evil; won't forgive and go on. "I remember when he...." "You always/never do that." "I haven't forgotten what you did to me!" "I know what kind of person he is." "I know what he meant when he said/did that!""

No comments:

Post a Comment