Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Passionate People

Once in awhile when I take my lunch break I'll click on the TV to watch for 15 minutes while I'm eating. I usually end up watching the Berenstain Bears because there isn't anything good on. Today I was eating my lunch a little earlier than usually so my selection was worse. I stopped the channel at Divorce Court figuring, whatever, it's only a couple minutes.

As always when I've clicked through this program very angry people are trying to convey their side of the story to the judge. How a judge could have such patience listening to people like that! This type of a show revolves around people who are petty and self-centered. I was glad I only caught the end of the show. After giving her verdict the judge made this one statement..... "People feel way faster than they think." .....that is oh so true. When our emotions get high over whatever the situation is. These emotions are throwing things out of proportion. Very soon no one is thinking straight and no one listening. Sometimes we get so touchy with our feelings no one can talk to us without us taking it wrong. God is not working in the midst of situations like this, only our indwelling sin. When things get out of control like that I don't think it's even fair to blame Satan. Because we cause so many of our own problems ourself.

I have been this kind of person where my emotions fueled my words faster than I was thinking. I am thankful God gives us many verses in His Word on anger and dealing with our emotions. These are only a few........
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
Proverbs 15:18 A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.
Proverbs 16:32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
Proverbs 20:2....whoso provoketh him to anger sinneth against his own soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment