Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Additional Thoughts

Today I was reflecting again over this statement......

"A man's potential for God lies not in his ability, nor in his opportunity, but in his humility before God." God is not impressed with our abilities; they came from Him. He is not impressed with our opportunities; they are gifts from Him as well. He is impressed only with our humility; it testifies of our sense of dependency.

And as I tried to write an explanation of what it means this thought came to me....My abilities and my opportunities are gifts given to me from God. To say I am using them unto God (which I should do) is re-gifting His gift back to Him. I am to use my talents and opportunities for the Lord but it isn't special to Him since He first gave them to us. When we show God our dependence to Him through humility and our love through obedience that is our gift to God. God created us with the freewill to make these choices. Our humility and obedience pleases God because we have made the choice to do so.

And back to the thought of our potential for God--it is nothing without God but can be simply amazing through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment