Wednesday, July 14, 2010

But What About Mercy --Part 2

[Yes, I know I said you wouldn't be seeing me for awhile, but part 2 for Mercy was just too good. I couldn't put it off.]

One of the merciful ways God extracts us from the power of sin in our life is to allow us to experience it consequences. Most times we do not recognize God's mercy through His chastening hand. Though it is sometimes painful--God is delivering us from a miserable end of our self-indulgent living. His purpose is to produce fruit of righteousness.
  • "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? .....Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." --Hebrews 12:6-7 & 11

[When I have felt God's chastening hand in my life I did not recognize it as His loving, mercy. I praise the Lord for wanting to better me and correct my life for a better path. I pray that my life would begin to show fruits of righteousness. Not self-righteousness our of my own flesh, but godly righteousness of God working through me.]


No comments:

Post a Comment