Saturday, February 20, 2010

Turn your eyes upon Jesus.......

This morning during my prayer time I was having quite a struggle. It was one of those struggles that you try really hard to pray through it. In my heart I really desired a matter solved so it wouldn't hinder me and my relationship with God. But the harder I prayed it didn't bring the matter any closer to being resolved. Eventually I got to the point of realizing I couldn't fix it and I must wait on God working it out through me. Though my soul was troubled peace filled my heart. And I know it will be alright cause God is working it out.

You know, Satan doesn't like it when you gain a victory over a struggle. Since then he has been close by trying to stir that trouble in my mind. Then this song came to mind....

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Yes, just like it says in Philippians...."think on these things. When Satan started to mess again with me thinking so soon after I had just prayed. God helped me to remember I must look to Jesus and think on whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment