Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Seeking God

Another excerpt with my notes from Changed Into His Image by Jim Berg.

God promises that those who respond to the desire He places within them by seeking Him will not be disappointed. "But if....thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul." --Deuteronomy 4:29 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." --Hebrews 11:6
  • I must seek God will my whole heart.
  • Apathy toward God is the result of being passionate toward something or someone else.
  • "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (money). --Matthew 6:24
  • ....."If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." --Matthew 16:24
  • Friendship with the world is enmity with God.
  • God does not reveal Himself to the casual observer but only to the wholehearted and single-minded.

We can have a personal dependent relationship with God if we are willing to seek Him and forsake all other loves.

[These are my notes from my study this morning. I am learning so much from this study course I'm going through. I thank God He brought it to my attention.]

No comments:

Post a Comment