Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pressure Cookers Go Ka-Boom! Part 1

[Let me ask, "Why is it that right after I blow it big time, God gives me a devotion over it?" This was for me --a good lesson to be learned. So if you're reading this you can reap from it before going through the pressure cooker lesson yourself. Oh, you've been through it too! Well, I hope you didn't fail as miserably as I did.] This except is taken from Jim Berg and God's Word.

Looking at Pressure Biblically:
  • Many people do not handle well the pressure that is God's Will for them because they are already overloaded with the pressures of a burdened conscience. Our sin blocks God's ability to help us.

  • Are we over committed? Have we assumed responsibilities outside the Will of God? These added activities and responsibilities may not be harmful in themselves but they take up too much time and energy. They are usually added to meet some personal desire and may not be God's Will for the present. These become "weights" that we must "lay aside." --Hebrews 12:1

A believer with a renewed mind sees every pressure and resource from God's perspective. A Christian's spiritual needs can never be "overdrawn" like there was insufficient funds to take care of the need. God gives unlimited protection to do those things that are His Will. [Wow, Hallelujah, Amen!!! So why am I always trying to deal with things by myself???? Oh me :( God has promised to supply all that we need for godly living--including wisdom, grace & strength.]

  • "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue." --2 Peter 1:3

  • "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:" --2 Corinthians 9:8

  • "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." --2 Corinthians 12:9-10

[This is not all that I have learned. I'll have more postings on "Pressure" to come.]

No comments:

Post a Comment